The Terex 1100mm x 700mm (44″ x 28″) jaw chamber provides excellent material reduction and product sizing in the processing of blasted quarry rock and ore material. The jaw chamber is also available with optional hydraulic release, an excellent feature when crushing construction and demolition debris. The hydraulic release option has an automatic overload protection system to prevent damage by uncrushable items in the feed material.
The machine is powered by either a Tier 3 / Stage 3A Caterpillar C9 261kW (350hp) or a Tier 4i Scania DC9 70A 257kW (350hp).
Hydrostatic transmission of the jaw chamber offers operators reversible operation in the event of a blockage. The hydrostatic system also provides variable chamber speed to suit given applications. The crusher features hydraulic assist Chamber CSS (Closed Side Setting) adjustment, and can be changed in a matter of minutes.
The machine has a heavy duty variable speed vibrating grizzly feeder (VGF) with integrated pre-screen, providing an aggressive action to separate fines material efficiently. The variable speed VGF ensures continuous choke feeding of the crushing chamber for optimal productivity. Material from the pre-screen can be diverted to a stock pile via the on board by-pass conveyor, or join the crushed product on the main belt.
The large 9.6m³ (12.55yd³) hopper has hydraulically folding sides and an innovative hydraulic self-locking mechanism to provide efficient and faster machine set up and tear down times.
“The J-1170’s 45 tonne transport weight and compact dimensions mean lower transport costs between and within crushing sites. The robust and intelligent chassis design, with good clearance on both ends, also enables safe and easy loading onto all transport trailers. When you combine these factors with the excellent crushing capabilities the machine easily meets the demands of owner operators and crushing contractors” said Nigel Irvine, Sales and Marketing Director.
- Robust proven Terex 1100mm x 700mm jaw crusher for high capacity and large reduction ratios in quarrying, mining, demolition and recycling applications.
- Optional hydraulic release for demolition and recycling applications.
- Compact dimensions and quick set-up make the J-1170 the optimum solution for contract crushing as well as demanding in-pit applications.
- 45ton / 99600lbs transport weight ensures easy transport of machine between work sites.
- Full CANBUS control system.
- Hydraulically assisted closed side setting adjustment minimizes downtime and offers quick adjustment.
- Excellent fuel economy
- Safe, quick and easy service points for regular maintenance